Thursday, March 08, 2012

Buddhist Makha Bucha Day

Yesterday was Makha Bucha day, a bank holiday. The children had to go to school for a make up day following all the days lost to the flood last November. (Mwah ha ha ha.) That left Husband and I.

Husband studied the map, found a little cafe in Siam Square called Vanilla and proposed coffee. It 's rather nicely done in a retro style, reminding me of sweet shops in another world. (I don't think they were like that in the 70s - perhaps there were the last vestiges of that look in our village shops as they tried to drag themselves into the modern day.)

And it reminds me how much I love multiples. How pretty are things en masse?

(There are branches in Siam Paragon, Ekamai and The Crystal Park. I realised I'd been to the one in Siam Paragon but it hasn't nearly as much character as this tiny one.)





2 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

I do love a good coffee shop and that one looks very stylish. Hope you had a good time.

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Chris. It's a lovely little shop and it was empty because of the bank holiday!