Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's Groundhog Half Term or 'Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam'


It’s like Groundhog Half Term here at The House.

My children have just finished nearly two weeks half term and they went back to school this morning. At about 1.30pm today Daughter sent me an email saying that the Ministry of Education has declared that all schools must close until the 7 November.

The 7 November?

So like I say: Groundhog Half Term.

Of course I love having my children home… but mostly so that they can go back to school again. (I guess I’ll get that pleasure all over again then – on the 7 November!) The school will be commencing their online learning programme from tomorrow, which means getting the young people to lessons on time (at all) will become my problem.

What else does it mean? Is the water now, definitively, heading to central Bangkok?

Hmmm, it depends on which report you read.

We have enough drinking water and food for a while. If the electricity goes we might be living on dry pasta but I think the Beattie family could do with subsisting on rations for a bit! I’m in denial about living without regular mugs of tea punctuating my day; I will have to face the floods (snakes, rats, crocodiles and all) to find a Starbucks with electricity…

Husband sent me this picture: the shelves in all the shops are empty but no-one’s so desperate they’re going to buy up the Spam!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Crikey, I've never seen so many Spam variants before. I hope the situation with water/supplies improves soon - I thought Lumb Bank was bad!
;)

Jenny Beattie said...

Sara, lol. I can't decide which Spam would be the most disgusting. Spam with cheese? Hickory smoked Spam? Or maybe it's the Spam Lite.... I mean, you're just spoiled for choice.

Unknown said...

I think they all sound revolting but there's something extra barfy about Cheese flavoured Spam!

Jenny Beattie said...

Sara, I promise to bring you a tin next time I come home. xx

Unknown said...

What Sara said...

Good luck
lx

Unknown said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I didn't even know Spam came in more than one variety! I am sure it doesn't here..mind you I last tried it back in the early 90's when my ex father in law (from Glasgow) used to deep fry it!!

Ragged Thread Cartographer said...

Now I've got Monty Python's Spam song going round and round my head and I don't know whether to laugh or cry... may the saints preserve you from having to eat your four-letter-word. xx