Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday

Writing suddenly got hard again.

There’s a lots of other work to do as well:

• Christmas hats to be finished
• year end books to be bought (up to budget) for the library and paperwork to complete
• events I’m committed to attending
• grotto signs to remake (This job feels like groundhog day: the first year I forgot to bring it home; the second year I remembered but it’s not looking so hot with bits of lettering peeling off – so yes, time to make it again.)
• several appointments which I put off until the start of Dec hoping that would be post finished draft…

Even Starbucks’ magic is waning. Still, I’ve found a rather lovely new place to work. Isn’t this beautiful?























This is Thailand Cultural and Design Centre. It’s a gallery space and design library at the top of Emporium Mall which is very close to home. It cost me £22 to join for a year.

I'm so close to finishing this draft and there are no excuses with this lovely space to do it in.

8 comments:

Queenie said...

Gorgeous. You're nearly there, keep on truckin'!

Carol said...

I'm cheering you on too!!!

Gorgeous place...must pop in when we visit next year :-)

C x

HelenMWalters said...

This is beautiful - I can really imagine sitting and writing there.

Amanda said...

What a lovely place, JJ ... keep on going! :-)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

£22 a year is so reasonable for such a great place to write in.

Keep going JJ, you can do it.

Kat W said...

That does look fantastic! It should hopefully help you keep at it even with the December madness.

Pat Posner said...

It looks a great place to be creative in, JJ.

Jenny Beattie said...

Thank you all soooo much for your words of encouragement. This 'nearly there' seems to be going on forever... but I am nearly there, honest.