Friday, July 24, 2009

More cupcakes

Oh dear. A whole week? I am sorry for disappearing like that again. I’ve been off catching trains - MOST EFFICIENTLY - to Manchester, which is exactly where I wanted to go...

In Chorlton we enjoyed more cupcakery delights. We went to the Sweet Tooth Cupcakery which I highly recommend. Daughter and M had a Kylie cupcake; L and I had a gluten free chocolate cupcake with loads of icing, sprinkled with edible red glitter and a red covered chocolate heart: name unknown. Other cupcakes are known as Dita Von Teese, Johnny Cash, Barbara Cartland…

The café is in the most unassuming (shabby) building but inside is tiny, pretty and camp. Cakes are displayed in a haberdashery cabinet: glass fronted for the customer to see in and staggered/raked drawers to show the contents of each drawer. See this blog for a review and ace pictures. I’m not sure why I didn’t take photos; it might have something to do with the delicious and decadent cup cake in front of me which was begging to be consumed. I fell instantly in love with the whole tea ceremony thing and am considering going off to buy a teapot.

I might never make tea in a mug again; so there.

12 comments:

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

I so want a Kylie cupcake. You have to go again and take photos.

Your word count looks impressive. How's it going?

Queenie said...

Then again, some tea-heads I know swear by their balls: see http://www.englishteastore.com/teabain.html for example.

HelenMWalters said...

You have been having a fabby time. yey!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love cupcakes. A friend bakes them to perfection and brought some in to work. Couldn't decide between the milk chocolate with curls of white choc on top, or the white chocolate topping on the strawberry sponge.

Chocolate won, as usual.

Rachel Green said...

Sounds fabulous!

Flowerpot said...

Sounds fascinating! Cupcakes are the best...

Chris Stovell said...

Oh, sheeesh! I'm starving! I could murder a cupcake right now - I even have a cup of tea here and there's not even a measly biscuit in the house.

Jen said...

It sounds to me as if this cupcake world you speak of is a dolls house come to life?

Dolls house size calories too, I dream optimistically.

Carol said...

Ah yes, son told me that you were on the look out for a teapot!! Did you get one?

C x

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh now that is just not fair, you are taunting me now! I want to go eat yummy cup cakes and/or own a cupcakery!

Jenny Woodworth said...

I have also visited the Sweet Tooth Cupcakery in Manchester, (being a bit of a cupcake fan myself) and also had the gluten free chocolate cupcake with a red heart on top (a Scarlet O'Hara!) The cupcakes there are gorgeous and the atmosphere was lovely. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Jenny Beattie said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for dropping by. I'm so glad you left a comment. I couldn't remember what my cupcake had been called. I can only dream of cup cakes of that quality while I'm here in Bangkok...