Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In the interest of balanced reporting...

Husband has always read my blog. After yesterday's post - which you should probably read before this one if you haven't already - he sent me by email his own brain dump of Poole memories. He has given me permission to reproduce it here.

"Just checked your blog and I wanted to comment, saying all the special memories I have of Poole, of you bringing two wonderful babies into the world, walks along the promenade, strolling up the high street most weekends, trips to the private beach (Studland) just over from Sandbanks, our little workshops on the top floor of the house, your Amstrad, my lathe, the pew we bought at an auction, where I learned what a galley kitchen was, trying to park in our own street and using the cones to reserve a spot, having a "real" fire but in a kind of little iron house, gym membership at Racquets where we ate bigger lunches than the workout in the gym removed, ruining our new mattress by leaving it in the bedroom when they repaced the ceiling, M and T (friends), late night shopping at the garage only to re-meet the Katie as a nanny at Racquets a year later, Wimborne, our first Christmases as a family and leaving the turkey to defrost in the oven until it went off, Mothercare (we should have bought shares), planting vegetables in the second, walled garden out through the back of the shed. The poor bloke next door slowly losing himself to Alzheimer's, more basil and tomatoes than we knew what to do with. You telling me you were pregnant in the same rear garden, propping Son up for photos because he couldn't sit up yet, on that little green iron garden table set we bought in B&Q, Daughter's frogs legs as she slept. Pepper (the dog) on the beach in winter, the leaking roof, cosmetics to go, the playground in Poole park, the noise of the speedway track one evening a week, your little car crash on Ashley Road, Corfe Castle. Our first real family home with the red door and lots of stairs. "

And that, reader, is why I married him.

15 comments:

Carol said...

Awwww, what a lovely e-mail!!

C x

Sue Guiney said...

and how wonderful is this.....? So wonderful!

Caroline said...

Oh, he's lovely (and it made me cry!). We should all marry him! x

Jenny Beattie said...

Carol, thank you.

Sue, thank you too.

Caroline, aw, thank, it made me cry too.

Jenny Beattie said...

Caroline...thankS.

Marcie Steele said...

Aw JJ. I feel the need to gush as I can feel his love. What beautiful memories, so many of them that mean so much. Aw, I am still tearful.

I wish the bloke from Stoke could write...

What a lovely man, what a lucky JJ x

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks LPlate. That's so sweet.

librarylizzie said...

beautiful....bit misty-eyed myself.

Queenie said...

Marrying him was definitely a good move. He is, as they say, a keeper.

Jen said...

Gosh, you are lucky to have a man like that to share your life with.

I hope he realises, however, that he has made us all cry!

Lane Mathias said...

That is just aaah...

Karen said...

That's so lovely :o)

CL Taylor said...

Awww, don't know why but that made me go a bit gooey inside.

Susie Vereker said...

So romantic - and not afraid to say so.

Simon R said...

Hmmm - not so sure about this. I fear we might have to drum Hubby out the bloke club for this sort of sin. I wouldn't normally mention this but pssst: there is a strict code of not making the rest of us look bad ... and look at what has he gone and done. Really! Feeling grumpy now. Hmmpphhh. (But it was rather sweet wasn't it :-) Simon