Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In honour of my editing head

Ode to the Spell Check

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It cam with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew!

Taken from here.

9 comments:

Femin Susan said...

Wow, you have a great poetic heart! Your words still echo in my ears. Keep it coming! Good job

Jenny Beattie said...

Hi Femin Susan, it's shamelessly pinched from elsewhere! Not my words, but thank you anyway.

Angie said...

Whew, love the poem, but now I need a nap! haha.

Lane Mathias said...

Ha! My newly reconstructed laptop still doesn't spelcheque so I can relate:-)

Jenny Beattie said...

Angie, Husband passed it on to some Thai colleagues. I don't think they could make head nor tail of it!

Lane, no spell checker? OMG.

Karen said...

That actually messed with my head, but very funny :o))

Pat Posner said...

I really enjoyed that, JJ!
Oh, maybe I should say: Eye rarely enjoyed that.

HelenMWalters said...

Marvellous. Hope your editing head isn't hurting too much.

Jon M said...

He he used to use that one on my year 10 English classes or one like it. Still makes me chuckle!