Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Smiling

There’s stuff worrying me that I can’t blog about. I’ve been feeling a bit down in the dumps for the last week. Then, while I was Christmas shopping, I chanced upon this in the Siam Centre. And really, it was impossible not to smile.


There were lots of university students around (the two posing in the photo for example; note that they wear uniform!) and one lovely girl, keen to practice her English said: Can I help you? Anyway, these dressed up people turned out to be a non smoking promotion thing.

7 comments:

Pat Posner said...

Sorry you feel a bit down, JJ. Glad the students made you smile and hope you feel like smiling again very soon
xxPat

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Pat. I just have to be patient. I can't do anything to change the outcome so I shouldn't worry - but that's easier said than done.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Hope you're feeling a little happier now.

I love the photo, though am not sure how those costumes relate to smoking/not smoking, though I've probably missed something really obvious, knowing me.x

HelenMWalters said...

They look fab. Hope you're feeling more cheerful soon x

Lane Mathias said...

Love these Thai shopping centre photos:-)

Hope you're ok m'dear.

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh Debs, you haven't. That's why I needed a translation from the Thai girl, I was completely baffled. Of course, I just enjoyed the costumes too.

Helen, thanks so much. We'll know one way or another soon...ish.

Lane, they are funny, aren't they? Yesterday I took the kids out and got loads of material - the costumes, the madness.

Carol said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling low and that I've not really been around....if there is anything I can do to help please just holler!!

I do love the randomness of Thailand...I mean what on earth have those got to do with not smoking??

C x