Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Odds and Sods

1. I promise this is the last I’ll say of it. I’ve been to the bank with my piles of newly accumulated paperwork. I filled in seven more forms, countersigned five photocopies of my passport and visa and waited for more paperwork and multitudinous rubber stamping to be done by the teller.

And I’m now the proud owner of a new bank book and a new card! Hurrah.

I won’t be putting them anywhere safe, anytime soon.

2. I’m a great believer in the value of pottering. I believe it has the same therapeutic benefits as stroking a cat.

3. My sister pointed me in the direction of this blog. I am sorely missing on the domestic front despite wishing somewhat that it would fulfil me.

3 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Congratulation on the new bank book!

Thanks for the link to pottering - I must do more of that.

sheepish said...

Pottering seems a very English concept, along with croquet and crumpets. Glad you finally got your new bank book, Thai bureaucracy sounds even worse than French!!!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

They say perserverence wins in the end. I can't believe you've had to go through so much to get your bank book. At least you have it now, well done.

I love pottering, heaven.